Friday, April 4, 2008

What Have You Learned About Infidelity?

Seeing him now only makes me think about what could have been, and luckily, I don't see him often. We learn from our mistakes as we grow, and no matter how old we get, we still learn new things every day. I have come to learn that no matter what happened to us, his cheating on me was NOT my fault. We split up over it and divorced the first time I found out, but I came back again to work our problems out after a separation of nearly a year. I tried to the best of my ability and I have learned that no matter how hard I tried, it didn't work because HE was not willing to work out his issues.....therefore, it happened again. The second time around we had been back together not even a couple of months when I found out and then I discovered his cheating.... not only once, but with 2 women the second time around. I spent the next 3 years trying to work through it and found that I just couldn't do it. I have learned that I am not in control of anyone else's actions, but my own. I have to stand up and acknowledge that I tried with all my heart, but it just wasn't enough. Sometimes this is a hard learned lesson.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive