Thursday, December 2, 2010

By God's Grace I Write


Note: For those of you who aren't aware. I am the founder and former editor of Christian Women Online Magazine. Joy Forney mentions it in her letter below. After writing my response, I thought it might be nice to copy you in on our correspondence, so that I might introduce you to Joy, and also that you, my readers and friends, will understand the passion I have. I am a messenger of the King, nothing more. It's by His grace alone that I write.

Dear Darlene,

You are one of those pioneers in the blogging community... just a few years ago everyone had CWO [Christian Women Online Magazine] in their sidebar and your blog banners across the top. :) But, it seems like recently you have really blossomed both personally and in your writing.

I always loved reading your articles at CWO, and they were great, but now it's like you have such a passion for what you are writing. I notice a huge change in you, and I think you are incredible.

Blessings,

Joy


Joy,

Your words are such an encouragement to me. You've seen me grow as a writer from our days at The Internet Cafe, and now as we continue to minister through our blogs.

I started CWO because I wanted to get published. I thought it would be a great writing project for a few friends and I, but then I found myself in the middle of a ministry--a ministry that, as you know, grew quickly and became more than I could handle on my own.

While I knew all the right things to say--and yes, believed them--I didn't feel compelled to reach women the way I do today.

It sounds cliché, but I say this with deepest sincerity: it really is only by God's grace that I write. If I couldn't minister to women on the topic of marriage I would grieve a great loss. I pray for His continued grace.

I feel a calling on my life to do this, which is far different than the place that I came from of wanting to write.

And then I see you, Joy, carving out words in your corner of the blogosphere, year after year while growing stronger in faith. I see an authentic woman affecting the hearts of all those who pass through. I thank God that I'm blessed with your fellowship, and with the words that you offer. You are a gift.
How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!”
~ Isaiah 52:7

You are loved by an almighty God,

Darlene

For comments or questions, contact me at:
darlene[at]darleneschacht.net

Visit Joy's blog at:





Click to share on Facebook:Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive