Saturday, January 1, 2011

Bonnie's Craft Room - A Tour


I asked my sister Bonnie if I could take some photos of her craft room today. Normally when one thinks of "crafting" they picture a disorganized artist at work. At least that's what I see when I look in the mirror. But Bonnie and my other sister Kathy have organization down to a T when it comes to their craft room and quilting supplies. I wasn't able to get into Kathy's house to take photos YET but her rooms (yes plural) will blow your mind.

Without further ado, let's take a peek into Bonnie's space. Hopefully we can glean some ideas for your craft room, your office, or your writing nook.

Rulers and guides hang in a row on the wall.

My creative brother-in-law Jerry made these button plaques for her wall.
Aren't they the cutest thing?!!

A box holds metalic thread, and is kept up on a shelf.


Inside her closet. I've NEVER seen a closet as organized,
but apparently she has--at KATHY'S (lol)


A closer look at her fabric supply.


A large basket holding remnants is placed on the floor.

Even the bobbin box is orderly.
Each bobbin has it's own "bikini" so it doesn't unravel.

A decorative flower pot to hold scissors.

Kathy bought Bonnie this thread and bobbin holder for Christmas. So cute!

A layered dish organizes smaller items.

See the little cookie cutter? Bonnie uses these to trace patterns on fabric, and then machine or hand quilts the design.

Inside the closet we see drawers that are labeled
according to the width of the fabric scraps. 2", 2.5" 3", etc.

"Fat quarters" are organized in shelving that looks like mail dividers.
What is this shelving? Shoe storage units on top of a desk.


A spice rack organizes small items.
I'm thinking... paperclips and thumbtacks on my office desk!


These clear pails are so cute. Don't they look like paint pails? I love them!


An ironing board hangs on the back of her door.
It reminds me that even perfect sisters burn things every now and then. ;)

Another shoe organizer sits on her desk.


A spoon rack for straight pins is kept by the sewing machine.
Not shown is an empty kleenex box that she uses to discard thread clippings.


And speaking of thread, I think that this has to be my favorite part of the tour.
My brother-in-law Jerry also made this for her.
It's a light fixture that was modified to look like a spool of thread.


Spools of three are hung on this wooden divider on the wall.


My daughter got one of these for Christmas.
It's the cutest little tin for storing away a measuring tape.

A bookshelf for baskets that sewing manuals, and fabric scraps.



And that's it for the tour. Thank you, Bonnie for letting us into your wonderful world of quilting. Hopefully it will give us all a few ideas for organizing around your homes.

Can't wait to pick up some of those shoe storage units, and maybe a table top spice rack...

You are loved by an almighty God,

Darlene

For comments or questions, contact me at:
darlene[at]darleneschacht.net

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive