Monday, February 7, 2011

My Second Clothes Pin Bag

And a Titus 2sday Linkup!


So last week when I made my clothes pin bag, I told you that I could do better--and I think I did. All it took was five minutes at the thrift store and I had a few adorable baby dresses in my hand and ready to go.

This one appealed to me in particular because the strawberries are a good fit for my kitchen. In addition to that, I love the pockets on the dress, because they are a great place to hold packages of Kool-Aid. I hung it on the wall, stuffed it with plastic bags and filled the pockets.

This dress was only $2.99. That's a lot less than I would have spent if I went out and purchased the fabric, and the buttons. And because the dress was sleeveless, all it needed was one seam across the bottom.

My daughter Madison suggested that I make one for my sister's sewing room. I love the idea. She can store fabric scraps inside the bag, and use the pockets for sewing notions like thread and a tape measure.

It's a good thing I picked up a few!

Enjoy your homes, ladies! God loves a cheerful giver, let that include the gifts of homemaking we offer our families!


Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will
also reap sparingly, and whoever sows
generously will also reap generously.
~ 2 Corinthians 9:6


You are loved by an almighty God,

Darlene

For comments or questions, contact me at:
darlene[at]darleneschacht.net

If you would like to have Time-Warp Wife delivered to your inbox daily, simply enter your email in the top left hand sidebar.

In participation with:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive