Sunday, April 3, 2011

How Do You Present Yourself?


It’s often been said that we should start the day off with a good breakfast, but for many women the day starts long before we even make it to the kitchen. We look in the mirror, either put on our robes or shower and dress, and we might greet several members of our family before we even sit down to eat.

Since we're the first thing they see, it’s important to consider how we are presenting ourselves to them.

A good friend once told me that she’s made it a personal goal of hers to greet her children in the morning with a smile on her face. She believes that the attitude that she starts the day off with has a great impact on her family. When she gave me this advice, I started to ask myself what my children were seeing first thing in the morning. Let me tell you, it wasn’t a pretty sight! So I took those words of wisdom to heart by applying them to my morning routine.

What boy wouldn’t like being greeted by a warm voice calling out, “Good morning sweetie!” along with a reminder of the good things the day holds for his life? They all would. What girl wouldn’t love to lift a lid only to find breakfast being served to her in bed by Mom and her brothers? I can’t think of one.

Just yesterday my daughter woke me up with a cup of tea and some danish cinnamon cookies. We all love that kind of reception in the morning, don't we? As a matter of fact we like it 24/7.

Terry Maxwell, author of Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit wrote, “I am the one holding the keys to the atmosphere in our home.” That’s a powerful statement, and one I believe to be true.

Consider Christ the foundational groundwork in your home, and build upon that foundation with a gentle, and humble heart that draws your family near.

It’s often said; “When Momma’s happy, the family is happy,” so let that happiness pour out as a gift to God, to yourself, and to your family.





This is the day which the LORD hath made;
we will rejoice and be glad in it.
~ Psalm 118:24


If you don’t feel that you have joy--then pray. Joy is a fruit of the Spirit, meaning that when the Spirit of God is living and moving in your life, that joy will naturally flow.

I'm not offering a Pollyanna attitude to women with clinical depression as I have seen the effects of that first hand in my family, but rather I speak to those women who see the world through the murky haze of a glass half empty. If you haven’t given your attitude over to God then you’re missing out on one of the greatest gifts that God offers in your Christian walk--joy.

And upon that joy--add virtue. Allow Him to use you in every way, including the way you choose you attitude.





Therefore, as God’s chosen people,
holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves
with compassion, kindness, humility,
gentleness and patience.
~ Colossians 3:12, NIV



You are loved by an almighty God,

Darlene

For comments or questions, join in the discussion on facebook: Click here

If you would like to have Time-Warp Wife delivered to your inbox daily, simply click here: Subscribe to Time-Warp Wife

In participation with:

Mom Heart Online

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive