Monday, April 4, 2011

Why Me, Lord?

And a Titus 2sday Linkup!


Up until last summer I didn’t know I had a spiritual gift--that God was going to be using me in this particular way of empowering wives to joyfully serve.

Before all of this I looked at the extent of my gifts as perhaps making a great pasta salad for the church potluck. Then God started to nudge me in a different direction--one through which I would encourage women to to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children. To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

My first question--and I've talked about this before--was, Why me? I don’t have the best track record when it comes to perfection, so naturally I have to wonder, Am I good enough?

And if goodness has nothing to do with it, which by the grace of God it doesn't, then I'm still left with the question, “Why me?” Scratching down words for an upcoming speech, I hear His voice saying, "Write this.."

Clearly He speaks again, "Write this down: It doesn’t matter where you have been or what you have done, my grace is sufficient for you."

I get a little choked up when that sentence hits the keyboard. Could it really be God instructing me to write? Could it be His voice I’m hearing that says with authority, “Write this down?”

Immediately I turn to my devotional hoping for more. Meanwhile, I’m getting all excited and blurry eyed, and I whisper a prayer, “God if there is something in here that says, “My grace is sufficient for you,” I’m going to probably pass out on the spot. I don’t know what I’d do with that kind of confirmation.”

But that’s not what it said. The message was deeper and more explicit than I would have expected. Here’s what it said:

Divine Efficiency

"My servant Peter was not changed in a flash from a simple fisherman to a great leader and teacher, but through the very time of faithlessness--through the very time of denial--I was yet making him all that he should be. Impetuous spokesman as he always was, ready to lead the other disciples, Peter could never have been the after power he was, had he not learned his weakness. No man can save, unless he understands the sinner.

The Peter who was a mighty force for Me afterwards, who, more than all others, founded My church, was not even first the Peter who said, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God," but the Peter who denied Me. He who had tested My forgiveness in his moment of abject remorse, he could best speak of Me as the Savior.

The Kingdom of Heaven can only be preached by those who have learned to prize the authority of its Kingdom. A many-sided training My Apostles need. Oh! joy. Oh, rejoice. I love you. (God Calling, April 4th, 2011)


That the trial of your faith,
being much more precious than
of gold that perisheth, though
it be tried with fire, might be
found unto praise and honour
and glory.
~ 1 Peter 1:7


God is good, Amen?

You are loved by an almighty God,

Darlene

For comments or questions, contact me at:
darlene[at]darleneschacht.net

Find Time-Warp Wife on facebook: Click here

If you would like to have Time-Warp Wife delivered to your inbox daily, simply click here: Subscribe to Time-Warp Wife


In participation with:





Today and every Tuesday, I want to invite bloggers to link-up any blog posts that will encourage women to joyfully live out their roles as wives and keepers of their homes I'm looking for posts on marriage, parenting, housekeeping, or recipes.

All you have to do is enter the direct link from your post into the linky tool below!

I'd also like to ask you to link back here with the {TITUS 2}SDAYS code (below) so that other bloggers can join in too!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive