Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Husband Rocks ~ Writing Contest!


Just in time for Father's Day, I'm hosting a "My Husband Rocks" writing contest!

And who could possibly be a better sponsor for this than Union28, designers of the "My Husband Rocks" clothing line! Their mission is to enhance marriage relationships, communicate a positive image of marriage, and encourage/support the sanctity of the marriage covenant between a man and a woman in a fun and stylish way.

I'm looking for articles that tell us why your husband rocks. Posts can be about something he did, about the man that he is, or how he relates to your children... whatever YOU feel is a winning post. If he rocks, I want to hear about it!

Note: I was asked if single girls can write about how their "dad rocks," and I think that's a fair inclusion to this contest. So yes--you can. But you'll have an interesting t-shirt on your hands if you win! ;)

Oh, I wish I could enter this man *smile*

The winning essay will be one that is both written well, and one that reflects the heart of God in your husband's life.

The Official Stuff
  • All entries must be published on your blog or website and accessible to the public. (I won't be accepting any email submissions for this).
  • Enter a direct link to your post in the linky tool section below.
  • You can use a post that is newly written, or one that you have posted before, as long as you repost it so it is new again.
  • Entries must have the contest button at the close of your article linking back to this post. Code for the button can be found below.
  • You can only enter one post/blog site.
  • All material including poems must be your own writing. But you may include outside quotes or Bible verses.
  • All entries must be linked to this post by midnight Tuesday June 21, 2011.
  • I reserve the right to remove any links that I deem inappropriate or not in relation to this contest.
The prize package

A winners-award graphic to place on your blog.

An original "My Husband Rocks" tee in hot pink or chocolate from Union 28 for you, and...

A black leather, John MacArthur, Study Bible (ESV) for him!!

Here are some of the Bible's features:
  • Complete ESV Bible text
  • Nearly 25,000 explanatory notes from John MacArthur
  • Bible text in 8.7 point type, 7.6 point study notes
  • More than 140 two-color maps, charts, timelines, and illustrations
  • Complete introductions to each Bible book
  • 80,000 cross-references
  • An extensive concordance
  • A section of full-color maps
  • Bible reading plans
  • Concise articles on “How We Got the Bible” and “Introduction to the Bible”
Judging

Articles will be read by myself, as well as my husband Michael and my oldest son Brendan. Together, we will choose one winning entry, and announce that winner here on Thursday, June 23, 2011.

P.S. Can you help me get the word out on this by sharing it on facebook for tweeting the link? I would so appreciate your help!

Button code (copy and paste)



To visit our sponsor, Union 28, {Click Here}

For comments or questions, contact me at:
darlene[at]darleneschacht.net

Find Time-Warp Wife on facebook: Click here

If you would like to have Time-Warp Wife delivered to your inbox daily, simply click here: Subscribe to Time-Warp Wife


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive