Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Results Are In!! "My Husband Rocks," Writing Contest


I have judged several writing contests in the past, but I have to tell you that this one was without a doubt the most difficult one to judge. There were so many entries that made me cry, melted my heart, and some that made me smirk.

We started off by narrowing them down to our ten favorite entries, and finally our top two.

Appreciating both of them for their writing skill and their heart-warming testimonies, we struggled to come to a final choice.

A friend wisely advised me to go to sleep on this and pray that God would give me an answer. So I did.

This morning I woke up with a song in my head, and the song is still running through my head now, "You give and take away, you give and take away, my heart will CHOOSE to say, Lord blessed be your name." (When you read the winning entry you'll understand.)

Just to be sure this was God's prompting and not mine, I called in a few more judges to help me decide and we finally came to a decision together... drum roll please....

The winner of the "My Husband Rocks" writing contest is Wendi from "Every Day Miracles!" Congratulations Dave, YOU ROCK!

Coming in a very close second was Linda with her article, "He's My Rock When Life Takes a Turn."

All of your articles were an incredible blessing. Thank you to all who entered!

I hope you have time to visit these bloggers and read both of their entries. I was so blessed by their words.

Let's face it ladies--our husbands rock!

You are loved by an almighty God,

Darlene

For comments or questions, contact me at:
darlene[at]darleneschacht.net

Find Time-Warp Wife on facebook: Click here

If you would like to have Time-Warp Wife delivered to your inbox daily, simply click here: Subscribe to Time-Warp Wife

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive